AIM Interim Executive Director Search
Arlington Independent Media is currently seeking an Interim Executive Director (IED). This is a part-time, contract position for six months, with the possibility of extension. The IED will manage the day-to-day operations of the organization, hire, support, and supervise staff, carry out the policies and programs established by the Board of Directors and help plan for and transition to a permanent Executive Director (ED). The IED will help shape the future permanent ED position. The IED reports to the Board of Directors.
Management and Leadership, including:
- Manage a process to identify, secure, and move media center to a new location.
- Support and supervise full and part-time staff.
- Lead our reopening efforts.
- Seek and secure new sources of funds for operations and programs, particularly from foundations, grants, and grassroots fundraising.
- Identify opportunities to grow our audience and community participation through marketing, partnership, and outreach.
- Develop and implement a transition plan for the permanent ED.
Administration, Finance, and Risk Management, including:
- Build out/document logistical, personnel and membership policies.
- Manage the budget and assist the board of directors in developing the next fiscal year budget.
- Oversee and manage the organization’s assets.
- Manage systems and data, including development of a new website.
- Regular communication with our membership, community stakeholders and County Board liaison.
- Oversee and manage HR benefits, insurance, and legal compliance work, including healthcare, workers’ comp and 403(b) accounts.
Organizational Assessment, including:
- Identify and respond to immediate staffing needs.
- Conduct workflow analysis, optimize our current systems and document administrative processes.
- Identify and implement consistent communication between the organization and volunteers and establish volunteer to volunteer communication.
- Work with the Board of Directors to assess the organization’s current programs and services.
Equal Opportunity Commitment and Covid-19 Practices
Arlington Independent Media is an equal opportunity employer. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. Knowledge of a language other than English is a plus.
We are committed to the health of our employees and the community we serve. AIM staff are required to be vaccinated from COVID-19 and to follow the safety guidelines from the CDC and Arlington County during work hours. We will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.